Friday, May 23, 2014

My Hope And Prayer

My friend, as I sit here in my kitchen and think about what I would say to you if you were sitting across the table from me right now, I would ask you if you thought you have grown in your Bible knowledge these past few months, as I believe I have. I would hope that your answer would be "Yes!" as well.

With both our hearts and our Bibles open, we should be learning quite a bit through our studies together! It is impossible to teach what we do not know. How can we impart knowledge to others that we do not know ourselves? Just as we teach the children, God talks to us through His Word and, if we are not reading it, He does not talk to us. (Hebrews 1:1, 2) We must read to know the Truth (John 8:31, 32), we will not be ashamed if we study (2 Timothy 2:15), and our faith will grow as well (Romans 10:17). A definite win-win!

Today marks the 100th blog on this site and my daily prayer is that there is someone "out there" who is finding this blog helpful. May someone become a little more confident, a little less 'lost', a little more motivated in knowing how to teach, what to teach, and is actually enjoying the lessons, songs, and activities along the way. Perhaps that someone is you! You may be the reason for this blog! May we continue on our journey through the Bible, growing "in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever..." (2 Peter 3:18)